Re: [Melb] Footscray crash - 3 injured

In aus.rail, on 05 Jun 2001, Daniel Bowen announced:
> Two peak-hour suburban trains collided in Melbourne's west
> this morning injuring three people.

I was wondering: Wouldn't (one of) the trains have gone through
a red signal?  and, what happens when a train goes through a red
signal - I thought that it tripped the trains brakes, or at the
very least set off alarms and things.  I'm just curious.

Regards

OgO
--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? -
Kryten.