Re: Cairns Kuranda Steam Railway Test Runs

In article <SR4R6.27373$hV3.42655@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, gremalle@bigpond.com says...

>24 Class 3620, now known as 0401, has been running trials in the Cairns -
>Kuranda area since last Friday.
>
>It worked light engine to Kuranda on Saturday 26 and hauled its set of SX
>cars to Kuranda on Tuesday 29 May.
>
>It has been suggested that regular public services may commence in a month
>or so.
>
>There are some photos at www.sunsteam.org.au/news.htm
>
>Graham Watkins

Great news. The 24 class is a handsome loco. However I'm sorry to see that the loco has beeen renumbered.
Why not 24 class number 3620?? I guess if you own the loco you can do what you like and it
probably won't upset the locals but for someone who went to SA for the steam I think it is a shame.

  Cheers,
          Roger Gillard

   PS   I don't mind the Steamrail headboard. How's that for inconsistency!