Re: [NSW] Southern Highlands Blues

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
2u8fhtk4a809nja5dvbu3n4snknr9cr4mt@4ax.com">news:2u8fhtk4a809nja5dvbu3n4snknr9cr4mt@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:57:30 +1000, Ian Napier wrote:
>
> >"What time does the 6.15 train leave?" Is this a moronic question or is
it a
> >consequence of the Southern Highlands Interstate Train Service (I dare
not
> >make an acronym of this as the parochial term for excrement may not be
> >printable in newspapers).
>
> Try Intrastate.
>

> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
> ------------------------------------
> These comments are made in a private
> capacity and do not represent the
> official view of State Rail.
> C.O.W.S. Page 11.

Thanks David, that's much more appropriate. I'd thought of others starting
with I such as infrequent, impossible, inadequate, inferior etc.   It stuck
out like a sore thumb to me as well when I read the letter.
The other funny bit was the reference to the goods trains passing through as
being an alternate service,  I guess passengers could hop aboard if they
stopped, but they'd soon be complaining about the cold, wind and rain on
flatcars, about the draught in a louvre van, how about riding in a
refrigerated container, might even be warmer than the weather outside on
these chill mornings.

Regards

David Bennetts