Re: [NSW]Fault Finding

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:37:19 +1000, Marvin The Martian
<choochoo@spin.net.au> wrote:

>Since before the Olympics  there has been train crews doing fault
>finding at all depots. This involved drivers and guards checking trains
>before they went into service. It was to reduce delays in the morning
>peak by finding problems earlier and getting them fixed so the train can
>still leave on time. This has no stopped as they have phased out the
>fault finding. Does anybody know the reason?

Reduce the number of crews?   Fault finding is still rostered at
Cronulla, possibly due to the high number of trains entering service
with handbrakes applied.  As for Mortdale, I have seen a number of
trains cancelled that would have run if the fault finding crews were
still on.

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/