Re: Trams vs pedestrians in Syd

"Bradley Torr" <truenorth@one.net.au.SPAMTRAP> wrote in message
news:01c0e9c6$0ab7fbc0$672365cb@default...

> neumannc <neumannc@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
> <3B1611D4.50D2@ozemail.com.au>...
>
> > Light rail - on street, 5 intermediate stops, no going down to the
> > underground or up from the street, much better chance of being closer to
> > your ultimate destination, 15/16 minutes.  And more frequent service!
>
> 12 City Circle trains run every hour in each direction - approx. 1 every
> five minutes. Does anybody know the proposed frequency for the CBD
> extension of the SLR?

The answer is in the quotation from the EIS that I gave!

At a headway of 2.5 minutes = 24 trams per hour
        "                3.5  minutes = 17/18  per hour
        "                   6  minutes = 10 per hour

A further 13 trams were to built bringing the total of the fleet to 20.  The
EIS mentions that two out of every three trams leaving Central Station would
be going to Circular Quay.  The plans show a junction at the corner of
Hay/Pitt Sts giving Up trams the option of proceeding direct to Circular
Quay, or alternatively looping through the Colannade.

Ted