Re: [NSW] More Complaints on CityRail Southern Highlands

"Al" <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> Again, a social problem.  I reckon Australia would be a lot better off
with 10
> cities the size of Newcastle spread out than we are with 1 city the size
of
> Sydney.
>
> Al

Couldn't agree more!  The Sydney basin has reached capacity.  When Bob Carr
suggested that new immigrants/refugees be banned from settling in Sydney due
to Sydney becoming to big for the local enviroment, relating to the
geography ie the basin effect, he was howled down as a racist where it was
the enviroment that was his concern.  Sydney should have been limited in
size but unfortunately old Government policies were the exact opposite with
everything being centralised, i.e. if Sydney had had local cheap coal
deposits then BHP and AIS steel mills would have not been built where they
were.

Ted