Re: NIMBY ??

Sam Eades wrote:

> G'day guys! I have noticed a word pop up in this group, which I have never
> noticed before: NIMBY. I may have missed something here, but would someone
> please explain the word to me?

NIMBY stands for Not In My Back Yard.  It refers to people who attend
public meetings to complain about any construction project that is
proposed near where they live, and recommend that it be built anywhere
else, like near somebody else's residence.

They are related to the following more radical types who are labeled
with:

BANANA - Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything.

NODE - Not On Planet Earth