Re: Another example of lack of thought in MetCard

"Paul Edwards" <p.edwards@its.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
p.edwards-ya023580001503011514130001@news.unimelb.edu.au">news:p.edwards-ya023580001503011514130001@news.unimelb.edu.au...
> In article <IrVr6.460$992.2369@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "Daniel Bowen"
> <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:
> > Thin ice. C'mon, it's not advertised like it'll work for two people at
once.
> > Just buy another ticket.
>
> As it happened, neither of us had any coins on us (notes only), so it
> didn't seem like an unreasonable thing to do.
>
> Y'know, this is what *really* pisses me off about the sorry excuse for a
> ticket system that we have now. You don't have coins, but try and do the
> right thing anyway (ie validate the *multi-use* ticket twice, to ensure
> that two fares have been paid/validated), and you're still in danger of
> getting shafted.

Yeah point taken, but it's never been advertised as a multi person ticket,
so I don't think it's reasonable to presume that it works as one...
especially as you apparently didn't think to ask anybody before you tried
it.

Still, makes me wonder how many other people have made that assumption.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au