Re: [NSW] CityRail Figure Fudging Results

"Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
3AAFF643.CA3F8133@iprimus.com.au">news:3AAFF643.CA3F8133@iprimus.com.au...
> Al wrote:
>
> > I'd believe it.  After catching the train almost every day for the last 2
> > weeks (at least twice a day when I do) they've all been at least 5 minutes
> > late, even allowing for the 3 minutes that CityRail allows itself..
>
> 5 minutes for InterUrbans.
>
> --
> Any people you may meet from
> time to time are merely  the
> product of a deranged imagination
> - Douglas Adams.
>
> Anita Lukaszyk
> neety@iprimus.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~neety

Are Hunter line trains ie Newcastle to Maitland considered InterUrbans??

And yes, on that note, even the InterUrbans to/from Sydney that we've caught
have all been at least 5 minutes late.

Mind you, it would probably help if they left on time.  When I was catching
one from Newcastle to the uni one day, it was scheduled to leave at 10:03.
10:00, the driver rocks up and unlocks the cab.  10:02, driver gets out of
train and lights up a durry.  10:03, driver puts durry down on fence, comes
back on train, then gets off again to finish it.  10:04 driver goes for a walk
back down the platform.  10:06 driver comes back up platform, flicks durry
away into bin.  Guard comes up to driver and says "when you're ready".  10:07
train actually leaves, already behind the 3 minutes before it's even started
its journey.  Now, where can it pick that up?

Al