Re: [VIC] FA new loco & RTL

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:14:34 +1100, James Brook
<ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>I think its funny that the most powerful diesel locomotive in Victoria
>will be classified 'V', as this was the classification given to the
>Jolimont shunter. Without looking into it further, I would guess that
>V56 was the smallest diesel in Victoria's railway history. It would be
>interesting to photograph the two of them side by site at some point in
>the future! :-)

Try the comparison between the old V-class steam loco. Both were/are
introduced almost at the beginning of the century, both were/are
numbered in the 500's. Both were the most powerful locos of their time
(on broad-guage, that is), both were/are of North American design.

I personally doubt V56's engine could power the cab's airconditioning
system.

Les Brown