RE: Access to Aus.rail through Web

>===== Original Message From "Tom" <gunzel3801@optusnet.com.au> =====

>is this one you use free?

Yes mailandnews.com is free, but boy is it frustrating. During the US
daytime
it tends to be painfully slow. Also, each time someone posts a new message
a thread, every message in that thread moves to the top of the index, which
is
only 20 messages long. So to read the latest posts, you may have to trawl
through pages and pages of old posts, if thr threads have been running for a
while. Maybe there's a way around that, but I haven't found it yet.

So, I prefer to read the ausrail archive on railpage.org.au, but even that
has
its problems, eg it was down for the past 5 days, back up now, but with 5
days
worth of posts missing.

Aus.rail is a great way to keep in touch with what's going on in rail back
in
Oz, but with the demise of deja.com (despite its occasional faults) it's
become a bit of a chore!

James