Re: Sydney tram to run in Melbourne tomorrow (12 March 2001)

"David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> "Kevin Sewell" <kevinsewell@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> Snip.........
>
> They're definitely 3 ft 6 gauge.  Seats are fixed in one direction - there
> are loops at each end of the track and via Happy Valley racecourse, and a
> number of other short-working points where there are loops.  There are
> driving positions both ends, so in an emergency they can be reversed at a
> cross-over, but the seats will be facing the wrong way.

Try http://www.lrta.org/world/worlda-e.html#China - gives the gauge as 1067
mm. I have lodged a query with them re the alleged proposals to withdraw the
DDs.

Rgds
Ron Besdansky
(Computer system project manager and rail enthusiast)
Ph: +61 (0)2 9413 1136 (0900h - 2300h UT +11h) (Home)
      +61 (0)417 671 541 (0900h - 2300h UT +11 h) (Mobile)

Couyldn't find any new about the system on LRTA site.