Re: RTM and steam? In the same sentence?

You conveniently ignore 3801,3830 and 5367. 3265 is currently under
restoration at Eveleigh and I believe 3237 will be back in service
before too long. Not as good as Victoria I agree but the costs, eg.
access charges, are far higher in NSW and make it a lot tougher to run
trains. Hence the economics of running steam due to high fares needed to
cover costs are not there.Basically it is getting too hard to get bums
on seats at the fares you have to charge in NSW!!

Cheers Roy