Re: [Melb] Announcements heard

In aus.rail, on 07 Mar 2001, James C. announced:

>True! few weeks ago someone post exactly the same thing into aus.rail
>and claim they were from Cityrail.

Sorry for reposting it them - because there are so many messages in this
group, I filter out most of the citirail/qr/etc messages and concentrate
on the victorian ones...

>> > Wow! I can't believe someone went around changing the place names
>make
>> > them 'local' (actually, scratch that, yes I can...) - I mean a
>> > couple of them were funny, but it wasn't *THAT* funny...
>
>Come to think of it, most of the Connex announcements are friendly and
>helpful, nothing like  any of those weird annoucements.

Many of them, although the lack of ANY announcements so often at FSS
really annoys me.

I don't mind weird announcements, weird announcements are good, they break
the monotony sometimes.

Who is the driver who often does the Epping line - I remember once passing
through Victoria Park to the city, he suggested that all collingwood fans
stand up, face left, and salute, and everyone else just try to ignore
them...  I like him, he's good value.

Cheers

OgO
--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before replying).

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? - Kryten.