Re: [NSW] Metronet Train Radio Transponders

Tezza wrote in message
<3aa61c7e$0$25511$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
>"abp" <abp@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
>983sp9$3s5$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:983sp9$3s5$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
>| I have noticed whilst I was driving around the City Outer line that a new
>| transponder has been installed before Platform 22 that automatically
>changes
>| your trip number over after exiting the City Circle. My run number at the
>| time was 35AZ and it changed to 35AA when it was actually supposed to be
>| 35A2.
>So if we change them at CQ like we're supposed to, that'll change it again?

1    New transponders were installed Thursday night 1 March.
2    The City Outer transponder is supposed to be on the Down City Outer at
Goulburn Street (i.e. after Platform 19 rather than before Platform 22) so
CQ shouldn't be a problem.
3    The static transponder only tells the cab radio to increment its trip
number -- it doesn't have a timetable.
4    I can't see a Run 35AZ in the timetable.  Was this Saturday night's
Mardis Gras working?
5    The system doesn't know that '2' sometimes comes after 'Z'.

Comments?

Bill