Re: [NSW] Parramatta Chatswood Rail Link Cost Blow-out

--
Peter
"Chaos, panic, disorder - my work here is done."
"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3aa41064$0$25504$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aa41064$0$25504$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> bJTo6.3510$o4.155383@ozemail.com.au">news:bJTo6.3510$o4.155383@ozemail.com.au...
> | The cost of the Parramatta-Chatswood Rail Link is now likely to be $2
> | billion, not the $1.4 billion as originally estimated in 1998, according
> | the article in today's SMH.  Refer
> | http://www.smh.com.au/news/0103/06/pageone/pageone1.html
>

> It'll be a miracle if it comes in under $4billion.

The only miracle will be if it is ever built - whatever happened to Carl
Scully's Liverpool-Parramatta Busway? If the same happens to this project
about 400m will be completed in 5 years time.