Re: Bendigo to Melbourne fast rail link on track

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:24:02 +1100, "Adam Dunning"
<adamdunning@start.com.au> wrote:

>Latest news.  The Federal Government is now suggesting that the state
>governments can each cut at least 1.5 cents off of the fuel tax as well,
>with Victoria able to do 6.6 and NSW 7.4!
>
>If 1.5 at federal level can stop the Calder, than 6.6 at state will almost
>certainly kill fast rail (sorry I'm so negative)
>
>Adam

Whats even more likely to kill it ,is the fact that $200 M of the fast
rail project is supposed to come from the private sector.
Given the Vic Govts shabby treatment of FA , I cant see any financier
putting up 1 cent towards any rail projects in Victoria ever again.
Financiers need certainty for their investments, not Govts who keep
changing the rules.

MD