Re: (QLD) Ferny Grove to Dayboro

Dear Mr Smith,

I have various articles on the Dayboro line in Sunshine Express, the
magazine of ARHS (Qld), which I will retrive and provide more detailed info
on this line. However, the line opened from Mayne to Enoggera on 5/2/1899;
from Enoggera to Gaythorne on 16/2/1916; Gaythorne to Mitchelton on
2/3/1918; from Michelton to Samford on 1/7/1918; Samford Samsonvale on
3/31919; Samsonvale to Kobble on 3/11/1919 and from Kobble to Dayboro on
25/9/1920.

It was cloesd beyond Ferny Grove on 1/7/1955 essentially as it was running
at a loss and was one of the first branches to close in Qld. The length of
the line from FG was 32km and was serviced by two RM's or mixed trains most
days.

This information is from Rail Enthusiast Guide To the Brisbane Region.

I will post further info in the next day or two.

Hope this helps

Mark Nolan

bQSo6.2$gv7.127101@news.interact.net.au">news:bQSo6.2$gv7.127101@news.interact.net.au...