Can't beat them? join them!

> I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that Countrylink needs to transform
> itself into something different, but not too different. It doesn't have
> to be a GSR or a QR. If you can't compete on journey time or
> "experience", you have to compete on service.

You can also team up with the airlines like currently been done with QR and
GSR.  (QR-Qantas/Virgin Blue
GSR-Qantas)

Offer as an expereince package tour, one way by train and return by plane
and vice versa.
It is not surprise to find GSR or QR brochures in Qantas travel center or
Flight center these days.

Cheers
James