Re: Box Hill Tram update

Jeremy Lunn wrote:

> David McLoughlin wrote:

> > Is the library still there, or other things that would have to be moved
> > for a tram extension past Station St?
>
> Yes that building is still standing but it's not used anymore.  The
> library is now located accross the road next to the town hall and has been
> for quite some time (maybe 15-20 years at least).  I can't say that I've
> never known that building on the median strip to be the library considering
> I'm 16 years old.

When I was 16 it was the library <g> . It was pretty old and cramped
even then, but we visited it often. One day, my brother who was then two
bolted from it and across the road into the oncoming traffic which was
accelerating away from the lights at Station Street.  How all those cars
stopped I don't know. I still remember the huge squeals of brakes and
the panic on my father's face.

Thanks for that and all your other responses.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand