Re: Push-Pull Trains [was English Railway Accident]

Here's some thoughts that may shed some light on the topic.

Push/Pull - Usually 2 Locos, 1 at each end of train(like FC's Port Link train 2
x 48 class). This saves reversing locos etc when the train gets to its
destination.

The XPT I think would be actually classified as a DMU(diesel multiple unit),
like an electric train is actually classified as an EMU. This would also apply
to Endeavours, Explorers etc.

I could be wrong, but it is how I would describe them.

Hope this helps

Regards Mark