Re: [NSW] CityRail Excuses - Pardon my French

Force Majuer is a term of legalese commonly found in insurance policies,
treaties and statutes.  It is perhaps unlikely that most people understand
what it refers to.  It would be infinitely preferable if some sort of term
like "circumstances beyond our control - eg thunderstorms, floods, high
winds" (often also referred to as acts of god in insurance policies) were
used.
TG

"jjjim" <jjjim@bigpond.com> wrote in message
3A9B6DAA.AB07C5CF@bigpond.com">news:3A9B6DAA.AB07C5CF@bigpond.com...
> I was so busy looking for Swear words i didnt realise what was meant til
the
> second time of reading  hehe :P
>
> tony bailey wrote:
>
> > Bt the way - nice bit of Franglais!
> >
> > --
> > Tony Bailey
> > Mercury World Travel
> > Mercury Travel Books
> > mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au
> > "David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > T6Em6.6917$v4.282325@ozemail.com.au">news:T6Em6.6917$v4.282325@ozemail.com.au...
> > >
> > > "tony bailey" <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote in message
> > > 3a9adc41$1_1@news01.one.net.au">news:3a9adc41$1_1@news01.one.net.au...
> > > >
> > > Sacre bleue!!!  Force majeure est francais - il n'est pas anglais!
Comme