Re: Three CityRail questions

"Ben Munro" <sporologist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
3A9B7452.FB8D7D41@yahoo.com">news:3A9B7452.FB8D7D41@yahoo.com...

> > No pattern, apart from drug-links using 3/4. Blue Mountains services
> > generally use 1/2 though.
>
> I think trains that use the main line stop at 1/2, and trains using the
> suburban line stop at 3/4. Is this correct?

Has to be correct. But then, why do some trains use the main, and some use
the suburban? There is no rhyme nor reason as to which fast trains use P1
and those whuch use P3, and the same with the slow trains.

As far as Parramatta is concerned. whilst not commenting on daytime usage, I
think all night time UP trains (those going to Harris Park) should use
platform 3, and those going the other way (towards Westmead) should use
either platform 2 or 3 - this would enable them to totally close off the
outer platofroms (1 & 4) thus reducing security requirements, the staff
would be on the same platform as the passengers, thus reassuring said sheep
(oops, I mean passengers). What is wrong with having ALL of the trains
leaving off platforms that are attended at major stations? The safeworking
certainly allows for it.

Dave