Re: [NSW] CityRail Excuses - Pardon my French

"tony bailey" <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote in message
3a9b35be$1_2@news01.one.net.au">news:3a9b35be$1_2@news01.one.net.au...
> David -
>
> Have you ever looked at an insurnace policy?
>
> --
> Tony Bailey
> Mercury World Travel
> Mercury Travel Books

Yes, certainly I know the term is used in legalise, but it's still of French
origin. Lawyers and doctors use Latin and other languages to employ a
certain mystique (there's another word of froggy origin).  Like an insurance
policy, CityRail obviously wants to use such legalise so that it can dodge
responsibility, in this case for running trains on time.

If you look at their definition, if they employed an effective risk
management policy they could avoid some of the things that they attribute to
force majeure.  Eg flooding of tracks, how many of these events are caused
because they don't bother to clean out trackside drains.  Trees over tracks,
if the branches are rotten why haven't they been cut back before they fall
down in a wind?   Loss of power - how often are lines tested inspected etc
to keep this to a minimum.   Sure some storms and other events will be
outside their control, but it will be too easy to attribute some delays to
events which could have been avoided under prudent management.

Regards

David Bennetts