Re: [Melb] New trains? at least we have a/c

"Tezza"
<tezza2000@dingoblue.net.aunews:3a9505c6$0$25474$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusne
t.com.au...

> "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A9502C4.6EA9328C@ozemail.com.au">news:3A9502C4.6EA9328C@ozemail.com.au...
> | Daniel Bowen wrote:
> |
> | > Just a thought regarding the new trains that Connex and Bays...
M>Train
> plan
> | > to introduce in the next few years. Are they both based on existing
> designs
> | > from Europe? If so, are they designed for standard gauge? Is the
greater
> | > width allowed on the Melbourne system going to be wasted by using
trains
> | > intended for use on standard gauge lines?
> |
> | What is the structure gauge difference?  The 4D is narrower and shorter
> and
> | lower than Sydney's standard gauge stock, so what advantage does the
broad
> gauge
> | really have?

This remind me after 2003 Cityrail will be the only suburban railway system
in Australia without 100% aircondition rollingstocks. Cus by 2003 Hitachi
will be gone and Melbourne would be full of Funky Comeng(Mtrain) ,
Groovy(Connex) Comengs and German/Franch trains as well as 4D. All of them
have aircondition.

Brizzy/Adelaide and Perth suburban trains all have a/c.

Cheers
James