Re: CMRPS to upgrade Castlemaine Station & Yard

James C. <james_ccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3a92311c$0$25522$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a92311c$0$25522$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Brown Family" <lbrown2@bigpond.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó
> 3a92208c.18162188@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:3a92208c.18162188@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:17:51 +1100, Yuri J Sos
> > <steam4me@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > >Castlemaine & Maldon Railway Preservation Society have announced that
> > >they have obtained a grant of up to $100k from the Vic Gov's Regional
> > >Infrastructure Development Fund.  The proceeds of the grant will be
> > >used to restore mainline access to platform 3 and the turntable.
>
> This will be a great for VGR . Be able to access bigger town and easier
> connection with V/line(or even through train from Melbourne)
>
> > Any thoughts on what might happen if Freight Australia want to run a
> > grain train or something out to Maldon? What will happen if you extend
> > the line out to Shelbourne? Is the grain silo there still?
>
> That is if FA manage to get free loco(or hire T333 from VGR).  The only
> traffic would be goods/oil I guess....
>
> Cheers
> James

The grain silo is still at Shelbourne.  Maybe they could complete the fabled
Laanecoorie extension as well to capitalise on all of the winged pig traffic
from there too...

steamfreak