Re: Transport ticket system collapses

"Mike Alexander" <malex @ bigfoot com> wrote in message
3a91cd96@news.microsoft.com">news:3a91cd96@news.microsoft.com...
> Having a chat to the repair man at Windsor station the other morning
(after
> what seems like the thousandth time these machines have been jammed) he
> stated that it is the same guy at Windsor who keeps doing it, and that
they
> have him on video. He has been handed to the police on a number of
> occassions, and they just give him a slap over the wrist, and he's back
> again the next day.

So what's the deal? Aren't One Link pursuing charges? Does the guy try to
steal money, or just to stop the machine working?

> The basic design doesn't seem too bad, given the very few on-tram machines
> that I see jammed up. I really wonder what the ratio of "genuine" faults
is,
> compared to faults caused by vandals?

Yep. Put it this way - when was the last time you saw a machine at a staffed
station that wasn't working?

Then again, vandals have to be part of the equation, and the machines should
have been designed with this in mind.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia