Re: Satellite images

David McLoughlin wrote:

> David Bromage wrote:
> >
> > GlobeXplorer satelltie images are now available online, and may be of use
> > to railfans. http://globexplorer.com/cfviewer/start.cfm
>
> Pardon something way off topic, but the satellite image which most
> concerns me at present is Russia's Mir space station. Every news report
> I see says it is going to be crashed into the Pacific Ocean 2000 kms
> east of Australia.

>From CNN today
http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/space/02/15/russia.mir/index.html

"Once it re-enters the Earth's atmosphere the
remnants should land in the Pacific Ocean, near 47
degrees south latitude and 140 degrees west
longitude -- about halfway between New Zealand
and Chile. "
--
Peter Degotardi peterdegx@au1.ibm.com (remove the 'x' to email me)
Technical Solutions Architect