Re: [QLD] Diesels on Airport Line

Sydney's Airport Line can't attract enough passengers because of fares and
those it does attract it torments with poor service.

Today:
The 4:02pm Central - East Hills via AL left Central on time;
The 4:08pm Central - Wolli Creek via AL mysteriously disappeared off the
plasma "radar" (no announcement);
The 4:17pm Central - East Hills via AL was about 10' late at Central, it ran
express Central to Bexley North via Tempe skipping the AL altogether.
The 4:28pm Central - Campbelltown via AL was announced as the next AL service
and would have been at least 4' late due to other services (I'd bailed on the
4:17).

A 32' break in service saw some pretty agitated and frustrated passengers at
Central, no doubt watching the departure time of their domestic flights creep
closer.  I wonder how many will return for more?

On a brighter note Mascot was doing a good trade City bound at 5pm, peak hour
loads still appear to be on the up.

Chris

BEE EFF <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
3A8C9F70.20C3F953@pnc.com.au">news:3A8C9F70.20C3F953@pnc.com.au...
> Hope it gets better patronage than the one in Sydney(by all accounts it's
going
> broke).
>
> One would think they should have learnt by the mistakes with the Sydney
Airport