Re: gaurds suck? drivers suck? nope...its Cityrail station staff that do!

Nathan & Mel wrote:

> Well if you dont like the trains, find more ways of getting to work.Not all
> of us Cityrail station staff members happen to be slack arse individuals who
> sit of their butts all the time and give the rest of us hard workers a bad
> name.

Ok, less ticket sales to keep you guys in a job. Your service gets
crapper, then even less tickets. Vicious circle that one. Its the hard
workers that tow the line in just about any line of work - its a fact of
the way things are. The only hope is that your hard work gets recognised
and you can leave the lazy people in your wake. Good luck to you. If you
do work hard you'll certainly get your rewards.

> I would like to see all drivers, guards, and station staff teach the public
> a lesson and go out on strike for a few days, whole system wide and then
> maybe the public might treat us better.

This happened recently - station staff went on strike. Funnily enough, I
didn't notice any difference on that day. Perhaps its because i use a
reletively small station where it seems we get all the newbies, but the
station master has been there for a while. Perhaps he just makes the
same errors over and over again without realising it.

I don't think striking is really the best way of winning respect.

Santosh