Re: Tenders for Mt Gambier line

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 02:01:15 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>SA Transport Minister, Diana Laidlaw, says tenders for the Wolseley to
>Mount Gambier line will be called in April, to find a suitable commercial
>operator, and convert the line to standard gauge.
>
>http://www.abc.net.au/news/regionals/gambier/monthly/regmtg-15feb2001-1.htm
>
>[What will happen to the Limestone Coast Railway?]

Does anyone understand what this means ??
Is the State Govt requiring that the tenderer converts the line to SG
at their expense ,or is the SA Govt footing the bill.
If the private operator is required to foot the bill, then will they
get exclusive rights to use the line ,or will we see a Bracks style
access regime imposed.

MD