Re: Traction Publications

Traction Publications was operated by Jack Richardson. I understand he is
living in retirement in Queensland.
He was one of the pioneers of transport publishing in Australia and some of
the phrases he used to describe his publication schedule such as  "In
Preparation", "Ready Soon" and "Available Shortly" have become enthusiast
"folklore".
I was involved with Jack in the late 1960s and early 1970s when he took over
the publication of "Green Over Red" - an enthusiast magazine I edited at the
time. It ceased publication in 1972 when Jack scaled down his transport
publishing activities to concentrate on developing a retail business in
Canberra.
Memories are becoming faded but I recall that when he ceased "Traction
Publications" the retail side was taken over by the ARHS NSW Division and
the publishing side by the "Publishing Department" of the Australian
Electric Traction Association (subsequently Transit Australia Publishing).
Jack also published "Railways in Australia" in the late 1940s and early
1950s. It was a magazine devoted to Australian railways. Would copies of
this magazine be collectors' items today?
Paul Nicholson

btak8tcofsph9dsvjna6asn2let8amjkuv@4ax.com">news:btak8tcofsph9dsvjna6asn2let8amjkuv@4ax.com...