Re: [NSW] CityRail Endeavour Railcars Questions

The extra round trip time is 50' from Dapto to Kiama and back.  Even with an
hourly service that's only one extra train per hour in off-peak which should
present no problems.

Will their be stabling (and effluent decant) facilities at Kiama?  If not the
am peak services need to start about an hour earlier from their overnight
stabling points for the extra time to go Dapto - Kiama and back and the pm
peak services will get to their stabling points about an hour later with the
Kiama extension.  So the peaks aren't a problem.

The tightest time will be just after the morning peak at the Kiama end (most
sets are in Sydney) and just before the pm peak at the Sydney end (most cars
are awaiting down pm peak duties) .  With Olympic experience they can probably
squeeze another 6 car V-set out of the unrostered cars.  The spate of short
V-sets that occurred some 12-18 months ago (at least on peak hour Mountains
services) has not raised its head again.

Chris

3a88ce98$0$16386$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a88ce98$0$16386$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...