Re: [Melb] Dynamic fairway delayed

"Jeremy Lunn" <spammers-will-die@austux.net> wrote in message
3A87CBB2.9090600@austux.net">news:3A87CBB2.9090600@austux.net...
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > Melbourne motorists will have to endure several more months of traffic
jams
> > on Toorak Road because of delays in installing a system designed to ease
the
> > problem, the State Government has admitted.
> > http://www.theage.com.au/news/2001/02/12/FFX8WYUJ2JC.html
> > -----
> >
> > (Motorists?? The dynamic fairway isn't going to solve anything for
> > motorists. It's meant to keep the trams moving... not that I suppose it
> > will...)
>
> Are motorists likely to take notice of such a system?  Will it be
enforced?

On a crowded road, I seriously doubt that even the most law abiding motorist
will be able to magically merge into another crowded lane when a tram comes.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I think the whole thing's going to be a waste
of money. A 24 hour tram lane would work and a fraction of the cost.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au