Re: Row over withdrawal of Alice-Darwin rail backer

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 00:09:47 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>A war of words has erupted between the Northern Territory and South
>Australian leaders over the withdrawal of one of the major backers of the
>Alice Springs to Darwin rail line.
>
>http://www.abc.net.au/news/regionals/alice/monthly/regalice-10feb2001-1.htm

I find it somewhat amusing that the above story relates to the
shortfall of $70 M for this project.
If $70 M represents a major backers investment ,then where exactly is
the other $630 M coming from , minor backers possibly.
AS Ive stated before , if all that is stopping this project is a $70 M
shortfall , then Mr Burke can simply cough up another $70 M.
Strange that we havnt heard who is supplying the other $630 M.

MD