Re: Train Drivers Life Expectancy

David
I have no statistics, but they can be made to show what ever you desire,
anyway.
               At Wodonga Locomotive Depot in Victoria, I have observed a
trend that goes a
little like this...Steam trained Drivers who spent 40 + years on the
footplate and retired at
65 years average expectancy about 67.5 yrs several exceptions, but we saw
nearly all of our
good men, most who never had a sickie in their lives pass on in a few years.
               Interesting enough those who retired in ill health after
several years on sick leave,
and who did this before age 60, managed to survive well into their 70's and
some of them are still going!
                Downsizing of Government Railways gave many of us the means
of retiring early! and during
the last 15 years many men have the opportunity of going early as 50.
Although 55 is the norm.
So far a dramatic improvement in our health is very obvious. It is a little
early to say, but it seems to me
that most of the damage is done in those last 5 years ...60 to 65.
Hopefully now that I am also retired, I will have time to prepare a full
article, on this very interesting,
condition, but I am nearly convinced, that you can repair the damage this
life inflicts, providing, your
Union is strong enough to maintain good rostering , and you retire before
60.
Rod

David Bennetts <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
JR_g6.933$FU5.30221@ozemail.com.au">news:JR_g6.933$FU5.30221@ozemail.com.au...
> Anyone watch David Suzuki's program the other night on SBS, dealing with
> sleep deprivation and its effects.  There were some interesting shots of
the
> GO transit cars in Toronto, Canada with slumbering passengers inside.
Some