Re: Blowing the Horn

Jesus Christ what next?

I quote from,"Basic Safeworking SWU 143 Rail Access Corporation NSW".

The Locomotive whistle must be sounded as a warning whenever the train
is:
acknowledging a "right of way" signal
Starting after being stopped
approaching level crossings
passing a train which is shunting
approaching people and animals
approaching outer or inner warning, caution or stop boards or
a handsignaller protecting a worksite
approaching a whistle sign
Stopped at a home signal ( if no telephone available)
stopped or delayed and must be protected by the guard
entering or leaving a tunnel