Re: Mooroolbark & Bayswater (Re: Connex signposting at Mitcham)

In article <3A85DCFE.27C00015@primus.com.au>,
  railvic@primus.com.au wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Just side track a little, but rumour has it that from tomorrow
(Monday,
> 12th Feb. 2001), both Mooroolbark and Bayswater stations will be
manned
> between 0600 and 2130 hours, Monday to Friday (in preparation for them
> to become premium stations).

Bayswater was staffed last Friday morning.
I wondered who decide on which station should go premium which
shouldn't? (base on patronage?)

> Finally in regard to Connex signage at Mitcham.  The station prime
sign
> on Mitcham Road (near carpark) has been installed for a few months
now,
> while the station name plates on platforms, station entrance, etc.
have
> been installed as of last Friday (9th Feb. 2001).  These name plates
> have white lettering on navy background.  Other changes include:
> Platform red/green button boards; Welcome sign above platform 1
> validators; Removal of booking office windows on platform 2; Small
> Connex sign above platform PIDS; and signs on wall indicating that
> platform area is only for Connex customers holding valid tickets
(sorry
> cannot remember the exact wording).

Seats and poles are now in purple colour.
--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

remove <dot> to email