Re: Tempe - Incorrect Signage?

Optus wrote:

> Right down the south end of platform 2 (Local Illawarra - Down/East Hills
> bound) at Tempe station there is the big station name sign with "Wolli
> Creek" as the "Next Station".

I will take your word for it.

> Now, can anybody tell me if there is a crossover that would allow a train to
> get from platform 2 to allow it to stop at Wolli Creek station?

No.  It is impossible to depart platform 2 at Tempe, and then stop at Wolli
Creek (Without running via Turrella).

> If not then
> I would suggest that the "Next Station" should be signed as either Arncliffe
> or Turrella?

Good suggestion, but which would you use?  Turrella would probably be more
useful.

> I rang the staff at Tempe station and they suggested it is marked as Wolli
> Creek, "because some late running rescheduled trains could use platform 2 to
> get to Wolli Creek".

You can see why they are still station staff - No operational comprehension.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au