Re: Locked off cars , was [NSW] T97

John Garaty wrote:

> This could also apply to
> the second car as the front car and a half are clear of the platform at
> Helensburgh and Unanderra on the South Coast line. Thirroul up platform was
> extended last year to take 8 car V sets.
>
> Anyone else been stranded on an 8 car V set this way and at what other
> stations? What precautions were taken to get people on and off the train
> successfully? Regards, John Garaty

Hi,

I haven't been "stranded" on a V set yet. I don't think I would complain
if I was though :)

Anyway! Platform 3 at Westmead has the 8 car DDIU marker near the signal
= 1.5 to 2 cars off the platform. I've seen a few people just jump down
onto the ballast there. Redfern platform 1 is short also - but they
don't have many 8 car trains stop there.

IRK, the following are short platforms on the Blue Mtns line:
Warrimoo(?), Linden (6 cars in length), Bell (4 cars?), and obviously
Zig Zag. Most of the platforms accommodate 8 car V sets, but I'll have a
check today and see if there are any that I forgot. Bell is an 'a' stop,
so any passengers would get out of the last car anyway. Linden (which
should be an 'a' stop - it might be on some services) has few
passengers, so its not a big worry.

A lot of the platforms on the North are short too. It is mentioned in
the timetable.

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au