[NSW] Service Changes Airport & East Hills Lines

There's an ad in today's SMH about service changes on the EHL & AL from 0200
Sat 10/02/01 to 0200 Mon 12/02/01.  All train services suspended between
Central and the 4 AL stations and also all stations Turrella to Holsworthy.

Firstly what work is occurring?  I've seen that the high-speed turnout for the
up line at Beverly Hills is ready to be installed (subgrade and ballast has
been delivered to the site by yesterday).  Is there specific AL work or have
AL services been suspended because work between Kingsgrove and Turrella means
no power so sparks can't reverse at Turrella?  If so how handy a crossover
would be on the up side of Wolli Creek station.

The AL replacement bus service will work Central, AL stations & Sydenham
(return).  I wonder if passengers will get a discount seeing they won't be
using the stations and therefore don't need (?) a gate pass (of course
CityRail probably has to compensate the ALC regardless)?

Chris