Re: FA A Class

in article 95dhi0$6t4$1@nnrp1.deja.com, Doug Mason at dmason@deakin.edu.au
wrote on 2/1/01 10:45 PM:

> I have been told that Freight Australia's A85 is now able to pull a
> bigger load than the rest of the A class so when did it get a new engine
> or what ever done to it.

Sure it hasn't just had its gear ratio changed back to the same as the rest
of the class? (A85 was high speed geared shortly after it was rebuilt,
actually I think it was rebuilt that way)

The other possibility is that its had its gear ratio changed to freight
gearing, I believe FA have a program to do this to all of their locos.

Mark