snow white or hybrus a bug by any name..how to find and squash the bug

The snow white or hybrus virus infects your WSOCK32.DLL file and corrupts
it...It has a bucket load of downloadable plug ins..at least a dozen that i
have read about...
To make sure that you dont have it and if you do to get rid of it read on
this came from trend ..the people who make pc-cillian]

To remove it from your system, you don't have to use the ERD, just follow
the instructions below.

Please scan your system using our free online scanner - HouseCall -

<http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp> . Scan the whole
system and delete all files detected as TROJ_HYBRIS (all versions).

For more information about this Trojan, please click the link below.

http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_HYBRIS.A

To restore WSOCK32.DLL from backup, follow the following steps: for Windows
95

            1. Click the START MENU|SHUT DOWN choose RESTART IN MS-DOS MODE.

            2. Type: EXTRACT /A C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\WIN95_11.CAB
WSOCK32.DLL /L C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM or Insert your Windows95 CD-
ROM and type:EXTRACT /A D:\WIN95\WIN95_11.CAB WSOCK32.DLL /L
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM Where D: is your CD-ROM drive

To restore WSOCK32.DLL from backup, follow the following steps: for Windows
98

            1.  Click the Start -> Run...

            2.  Type SFC and click OK.

            3.  Choose Extract one file from the installation disk

            4.  Type C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WSOCK32.DLL in the box and click
Start.

            5.  In the Restore from box, type C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS or
browse to the Win98 directory on your Windows98 CD-ROM. This is usually
found on the CAB             file named "PRECOPY1.CAB".

            6.  Click OK and follow remaining prompts.

955shp$bpb$1@news.interpacket.net">news:955shp$bpb$1@news.interpacket.net...