Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> "Vaughan Williams" <ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> 9546dg$mf$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:9546dg$mf$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Simple. Because the system is set up making it hard to buy tickets and
> > easy to fare-evade. If its the reverse (easy to buy tickets and
> > relatively hard to evade) there should be a high level of voluntary
> > compliance.
>
> As an example, compare the fare evasion levels of Melbourne's trams vs
> buses.

Perhaps we should have "A day with ticket inspector" sessions for
interested public, then they get to see the sort of excuses people give
when not having tickets.  Many are ignorant and no matter how many times
you educate them how to use ticket machines (or purchase tickets through
booking office windows at a manned station), they still seek "free
rides" ...

Railvic