Re: Official launch in Bendigo of restored Sydney tram R 1808

Paul Nicholson wrote:

> Not that I am aware of.
> His contribution to Melbourne trams in the 1960s should be recognised.
> However, there are some people who believe it was an earlier Chairman of the
> MMTB, H H Bell, who "saved" Melbourne from the anti-tram epidemic that
> covered the English-speaking world in the 1950s.
> Paul N

I'm not so sure about Hector Hercules Bell (truly his name).  Apparently he was
commissioned by governments in other States (SA and/or Tas I believe) to advise
on what to do about their tramway systems, and his recommendation was to replace
with trolley buses and petrol buses.