Re: Riverina and Nthn. Victoria

"Graham Smith" <dysonsmith@idx.com.au> wrote in message
3a511112@news1.idx.com.au">news:3a511112@news1.idx.com.au...
> Heading off to Melbourne via the Central West >
> What is the likely traffic which we might encounter as we trundle the
rural
> highways?

If you arrive at Tocumwal ex Narrandera mid morning weekdays, 9354 goods
will be sitting there generally A + X  combination this train waits to
depart once 9351 down goods arrives at Toc around 11 AM usually A or X + P
combination. The up service 9352 then departs around 11.30 am generally
container loading and perhaps grain loading this time of year, MT oily are
attached at Shepp. A good leisurely drive following this train to Shepp can
be had around 65 / 70 km/h just pull to the side of the road when you see a
truck come barreling behind you in the mirror, the Hwy can be quite busy.
Although if you turn off at Strathmerton to Numurkah there is far less
traffic, and besides the Hwy doesn't follow the railway again till you hit
Numurkah. It is perhaps worth following this train into Melb since you are
going that far, some good shots can be had around the Broadford Kilmore East
backroads with the added advantage of extra train movements along the way.
Regards
Thommo