Re: [Vic] Age: Train fare pledge dumped

On Thu, 04 Jan 2001 02:41:49 GMT, "Daniel Bowen"
<dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:

>Good question! I don't know if this is public knowledge. Anybody?

Don;t know the exact amount, but I do know that each year the amount
is reduced so after about 6 (??) years each company will be paying
it's way
>> Is it the same amount as Vline pass were losing when Vline pass was
>> Govt run.?
>> Somehow I doubt it.
>
>But equally there'd be nobody willing to take on the franchise if it was
>losing too much money.

Makes as much sense as running a private prison....if the subsity is
right then anything can make a profit!