Re: 1st class in Overland &XPT?

Skippy <fowler9@skippy9spammeifyoudare.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in
message 93962h$nnc$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk">news:93962h$nnc$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

> Hey all

> What is the 1st class conditions like on both the Overland &
> XPT. Will be travelling from Adelaide to Sydney via Melbourne
> in March & with the exchange rate being so good at the moment
> (currently living in the UK) thought i'd treat myself. What
> additional features do you get from the economy class
> passengers. Have travelled in economy in an XPT between
> Melbourne & Sydney before. Just curious really as the sites
> don't say too much.

The first class seats in the XPT imho aren't anything special.
The main thing I've noticed over the years is you tend to get a
higher class of pleb travelling with you.  i.e. a lower percentage
of screaming babies (at 0300 of course).

There is no first class sitters on the Overdue anymore, pity as
the AJ's were nice.  So first class is therefore in sleepers.

> Would travelling on the Ghan between Adelaide & Melbourn be
> any different other than in price that is.

The sign on the side of the train is different?

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
Phone - long, short, long, long.