Re: [V] Where have all the Comengs gone? (was: Re: Connex RC set up way past its bed time!!)

Hi Mick,

Mick Stock wrote:

[snip]

> > Mick,
> >
> > Do you mean the 17.20 down Lilydale instead of the 17.17?  If so, this
> > service is an "off" train when it gets to Lilydale (final run before
>
> Oops - I got it right the first time, but stuffed it up the second time - the
> 17:17 Lilydale should read "19:17" (the "super-express" run).  I kept a
> lookout for the Connex RC on Fri night, but if it was in the Ringy yards, it
> must have been hidden behind a Hitachi near the Bedford Rd end (not visible
> from the Lilydale line)... However since it would have only arrived at Ringy
> about 7 mins before my train, this is highly unlikely unless the 19:41
> Lilydale to RWD was sent to bed immediately after the RC (and same siding
> track).

19.17 down LIL is also an "off" train when it gets to Lilydale.  In
fact, this is the last 6-car set get shunted out at Lilydale on
weeknights, as the 20.41 (divide on the platform), 00.41 and 01.13
arrivals at LIL are usually 3-car set shunt.  Therefore, you are more
likely to get a Comeng for that run towards end of the week than early
part of the week, to allow 3-car set run on the weekend.

Finally, the 19.41 LIL-RWD service when it gets to RWD, it forms 20.26
RWD-BEG (from platform 1 at RWD). Therefore does not shunt out unless
for transposal purposes.  As I have forgotten to tell you in the
the Connex RC stabled in 4 road (road number in yard start from next to
the down Belgrave line), but moved to 5 road later in the afternoon.

[snip]

Railvic