Re: [NSW]Guards who have quit

> Geez, and I have been looking from time to time for a guard/driver
position
> myself.

I went to one of those recruitment day information sessions at ART at
petersham before the olympics, we got a talk from a roster clerk, a CityRail
manager and a female train guard from Campbelltown.
at the end of the session they asked for questions, and there was only one
that stuck in my mind.....
The guard mentioned getting on the ground, splitting and putting together
sets as well as getting on the ground and assisting the driver if the train
"broke down" as she put it for the simpletons.
The question from the floor was.... do we really have to get on the ground?
ha! well I had a bit of a giggle in my seat lol, it sounded like this lot
were a dedicated bunch by the moans and groans comming from the floor as she
said yes.

Good thing she didn't mention walking back to protect your train!

And no I didn't get the job I (assume I) was too young.
....... theres no bells to ring and no moaning passengers with the job I got
now.
except for the bells on the electric staff instruments.

--
and thats my two cents

~
Al Barrett
ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au
http://www.geocities.com/alsrailmotorpages

Any coments/opinions voiced are my own and do not represent the views of
anyone I may or may not work for.

and yes Gavin I fixed the link to my page thankyou.
some smart cookie spelt geocities wrong
lol.